Monday, June 23, 2008

Ahhhh..........Peace and Quiet!

Darling Daughter is at camp this week. So the house is mine again from 9 till 3:30 everyday! I have been enjoying the quiet this morning. Drinking my coffee, reading the paper, getting caught up on email and blogs. It has been so nice! I need to get busy now and get some stuff done because 3:30 will be here before I know it.

Is it hot where you are? Just noticed the weather bug said it is 103 here! It isn't even noon yet! So glad our A/C is working! We have a service where we pay a certain amount every month and twice a year they service the A/C and Heating Unit and guarantee they will come out and fix it within 24 hours and at no charge. I think it is the best money we have ever spent.

Those dishes and clothes are not going to wash themselves so I better get busy. Stay cool!

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

I think we need that air/heating service, too!

Enjoy your quiet time!

Lynn said...

Hey girl! I bet you have enjoyed the week of rejuvenating. Can you believe how busy summer is these days? And, I am not even a mommy on 24 hour call like you. You are right about the Texas heat though. It's funny how every summer we act like we have never endured it before! I am the same way. Hope all is well with you. Enjoy what is left of lazy (?) summer.