Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh My Word!

I copied this from my friend Dee's blog --It has left me speachless and those of you who know me, know that doesn't happen often!


Le-a


How would you pronounce this child's name: 'Le-a' ???



Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.


It's pronounced 'Ledasha' Oh yes...you read it right.
This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is
irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.



SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce it correctly.


When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name,
she said "the dash don't be silent."

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Can you believe that? I saw that too. Trust me. It happens. But, how people make it through 12 years of school without knowing the difference? That is the question.

Jennifer said...

That is so awesome I laughed until I cried. Man, what are people thinking?