Monday, December 17, 2007

Back with Mom and Dad

Hello, I am here with Mom and Dad for a few days. Mom is about the same although she is eating better this week. It is good for me to be here to give Dad a little break, it is like having a child in the house again for him. That is difficult when you are 76 years old, but it is sweet to see how gentle he is with Mom. We have found she eats more if we feed her (I guess it is because she does not have to expend the energy to lift the fork or spoon) but he is really sweet with her, encouraging each bite and calling her "my sweetheart". It's one of those breaks your heart but warms it at the same time. Mom seems a little more lucid than she was the last time but you really have to engage her and keep her on track and focused to get a good response from her. Today we are waiting for the home health aid to come and give Mom a bath, they are supposed to come 3 days a week but so far have only come once in a weeks' time. They need to do better than that.


Tomorrow Mom goes back to the doctor and possibly will have a chemo treatment. We will see how that goes. I am hoping to return home on Weds or Thursday so I can be at my daughters' class party on Friday. I am one of the room mom's so it would be good if I could make it. I just wanted to give you an update on what is going on, I will update as needed.

No comments: