Wednesday, December 05, 2007

With My Parents Now

Hello Friends, wanted to let you know that I am with my parents now and have been here since Sunday. I was shocked by how much my Mom's condition had changed since Thanksgiving. She has lost 10 lbs since then and all she does is sleep. We took her to the oncologist who prescribed several medicines and started her on chemo on Tuesday. She tolerated the chemo pretty well but it is a long shot that it will help but we try to think positively. Yesterday was long, as we had to be at chemo center early and Mom was very weak but we made it through the day. Today has been a little better with Mom eating more than she had been. I stay on her case always handing her something to eat or drink. She eats better when I am here with her, so I fear if I go home she will stop eating again. Please continue to pray for us as this is a very hard time for the whole family.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Michelle :( (((((HUGS)))) I'm SO, so sorry...this has got to be heartbreaking. I wish I were there to help out somehow!!

jettybetty said...

((Michelle))--I am praying--I can't imagine how hard this must be for your whole family.