Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not Sure How I Would Handle That!

My hubby just got off the phone with my brother. We can send emails back and forth but usually rely on hubby for phone calls! My brother said that when he went to sit with Mom while Dad went to church on Sunday Morning, that she did not know who he was! She kept saying something to the affect of....I know I am supposed to know who you are....I can't even imagine how I would handle that or rather how I WILL handle that because I am sure it will happen one day soon. On a little happier note, he took her to the doctor today and she knew who he was, so that was good!

The oncologist is about ready to give up on the chemo. He feels that it is not helping to keep the cancer at bay or to give Mom a higher quality of life so he is preparing to stop the chemo. They go back to the doctor on Friday and I expect that will be the decision that is made that day.

Mom is sleeping more and more each day and becoming more confused when she is awake. I don't think it will be too much longer. It makes me really sad! Please pray that we can weather these last few months with dignity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers continue to be with you.

Much love,

Dee