Thursday, September 22, 2005

Prayer request regarding Rita

I heard from my parents last night and they are safely in Ark at the camp house. My mom had emailed me a day or so ago and asked me what I wanted her to save from the house when they evacuated. I wrote her back and said that was a no brainer, I wanted her to save herself and my dad! Then I suggested she take her important papers and her photo albums and leave everything else for the insurance. Nothing in that house is worth dying for, so just leave it. My brother is the Fire Chief in the town they live in so he is not able to leave. So the first prayer request is for him and his family. Then my husbands older brother lives in Houston and has decided to stay home to repair any damage that might occur. They live in the northern part of Houston area so they should not flood. His family left last night and are at my husband's parents place in Dallas. So he is prayer request number 2. I just got back from the grocery store and it is a mad house. The only problem we may have in this area is losing electricity. Our area has not flooded in the 5 years we have been here and we have had some doozy of floods in this area, so it is unlikely we would be flooded but very likely we could lose electricity. The news just reported that it looks like Rita is turning and will go in around the Tx/La border (right where my parents and brother live) that is good news for my area but not so good for my family. Please Pray! This turning of the hurricane also means that New Orleans could recieve a lot of rain which they absolutely don't need!

3 comments:

TMK said...

How are your parents?

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

My Parents are okay as of this afternoon, they are in Ark. My Mom talked to my brother this A.M. and he had gone by my parents house and said there was water in the laundry room (which is about 3 or 4 inches lower than the rest of the house) but no other damage that he could see. My brothers family and his in laws are up in Ark with my parents now. However, My brother is still in danger as there are looters in the city and he is a peace officer as well as Fire Chief there. So some good news and some bad news. Lets hope the good guys win!

elizabeth said...

So glad to hear that the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been! My in laws live in Conroe and they had a lot of trees down. The most damage, however, was from all of the trash/cars/human waste that people threw out of their cars while stuck on 1-45!