Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday

I wasn't at all sure what type of day it was going to be. I did not get much sleep last night, I had trouble going to sleep (too much Disney planning) and then toss and turned and had lots of dreams. So I was not a terribly "happy camper" when my daughter woke me up this morning in a rather obnoxious way! However, I did get up and get a shower which helped my mood tremendously and off we went to drive some elementary school kids to a Kids For Christ Rally, they said they did not need us to stay, just to drive and pick up, so that meant 4 glorious hours alone with my hubby!

It was great! We went to Starbucks and had coffee (Toffee Nut Latte for me!, plain Latte for him!) and a blueberry muffin. We met with a travel agent and got some info about Hawaii. We are considering two nights in Oahu ( go see Pearl Harbor) at the Wakiki Beach Marriott and then five nights in Maui at the Kannapali Beach Hotel. (Anybody have any opinions about those places they want to share?) We went to Costco and picked up a beach umbrella and cooler for our trip to the beach. We had a most romantic (well maybe not!) lunch at Sonic and then on to the bookstore. I could not believe we got so much done in just 4 hours and were still early to pick up the kids.

Darling daughter went to play with a friend and I got a lovely hour long nap while hubby got to play a computer game (heaven for him!) Later, hubby and daughter went to the pool while I read and fixed a good dinner. Now hubby and daughter have gone to the store to pick up a few things and I am reading and posting on the blog! I know I am boring but this has been a Good Day!

I need Good Days like this every now and then to keep me charged up for the not so good days. Thanks be to God the Father for all the days that we have together! I pray that I will continue to be thankful for my many blessing including my sweet blogger friends who encourage me when I am down and rejoice with me when good things happen. What a blessed woman I am! May you all enjoy your weekend and may your Sunday be spent worshipping the Almighty, the giver of all things!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

that does sound like a great day!

jettybetty said...

I truly think that sounds like a great trip. Two nights on Wakiki will be about right--you will spend most of one day at Pearl Harbor it sounds like--there should be plenty of time to discover whatever else you like--or just enjoy Wakiki. The Marriott is really nice--but not top of the line.
I like Kaanapali Beach Hotel, too--it is very Hawaiian. It's very spread out--relaxing--not a 5*--but doesn't sound like that is what you are expecting--and you will be ON Kaanapali!
I think your travel agent did you quite well!
Sunday blessings to you too!

Sandy said...

when will you be here? The Mixed Plate restaurant at that hotel is good. What are your plans while you are here? Anything I can help you out with?

TMK said...

I heard Kids for Christ Rally was good. I had a great time doing NOTHING that morning! It's rare that we don't have a game to rush off to early Sat. morning and there was nothing, so we stayed home (yeah!) and played together. I miss those little guys. Can't say I wished I went to KFC Rally when I had a wonderful Kotara Rally at home. Glad you had 4 hours with K. You two are so cute!