Monday, April 03, 2006

Bummer Day for Little K!

My 8 year old is having a total bummer day! First thing this morning, I squashed all her joy by refusing to let her wear her new flip flops to school. I insist on following the tennis shoes at school rule and that makes me a "mean mama"! She was already in a bad mood because she did not get to go swimming on Sunday and it was the first day the community pool was open. She had planned all winter to go to the pool on the first day it was open but because we had out of town company, she did not get to go (so sad!)

She planned to go to the pool today and her Dad took off work so he could take her. She called her friend to go with her and the little friend could not go until after 5. No problem, they decided to wait and go after 5 instead of at 4 like they had planned. At approximately 4 :45 I looked out the window and it was dark and beginning to rain! So no swimming today! There is a dark cloud hanging over this house and I don't mean the rain clouds!

4 comments:

jettybetty said...

I forgot how rough life can be when you are 8! Now, if only she had a nice mom!
;-)

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Fortunately, Little K got to go swimming on tuesday, so peace has been restored to our household and the black cloud has been lifted. She still has a mean mama, though!!!!

Deana Nall said...

I'm trying to remember someone from Beaumont with the name Willis. Do you know if it was Ridgewood, Westgate or South Park? Over the course of about 30 years, my parents were members of all three.

IvanC said...

Maria - my 2 year old daughter - was giving me ugly looks this morning. She was trying to convince me that eating sweets at 645am is a good thing to do - not very successfully I might add!