Friday, November 03, 2006

Close Call!

Whew I dodged a bullet last night! I shutter to think how close I came to a really awful situation.

It all started innocently enough, my hubby has a co-worker who recently adopted a 10 month old baby boy. He mentioned last night that co-worker is looking for someone to keep the baby for half days three or four days every week.

Being the helpful wife I am, I piped up, I could do that. It would be fun to be around a baby again. Hubby looked at me like I had lost my mind! He was right I had lost my mind!

What was I thinking? My Baby is 9 years old, my house is not child proof, it isn't even dog proofed anymore. My body is old, I don't want to change poopy diapers and chase a toddler (he is already walking).

After I did some quick thinking, I retracted my offer and told hubby I would keep my ears open for someone else who might want to keep the baby. I help teach the cradle roll on Weds. nights at church and that will do fine to keep my baby lust in check. I get to play with them, love on them, smell that sweet baby smell (except when they have poopy diapers) and best of all....give them back after an hour or so!

Yep, I dodged a bullet that time! Whew!!!!

1 comment:

TMK said...

Yeah, good thing you took it back.
The mom would be lucky to have you, but that's a HUGE commitment. I know, I tried ONCE and it was NOT for me!