Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Almost New Furniture!

We got the couch and the two recliners back from the upholsters today. Had to write them a big check but I am pleased with the results. Everything is starting to come together in the formal living room. It is never really going to be formal but it definitely looks better now. I bought two throw pillows in the same stripe as my dinning room chairs are covered in (that was a job recovering those things) and they look great on the new gold fabric of the couch. The formal living and formal dining room are really one big room ( no wall between them) so this ties them together really well.

The furniture guys also moved another couch which had been in the living room into a small bedroom at the front of the house. We call this room the baby's room because when we moved here we put the crib and nursery furniture in that room. If we had another baby that would have been the nursery. I don't think there are going to be any more babies in this house, so we have decided to make it into the office/guest room. Some of our guest are having a hard time with the stairs so we thought we would put the blue sleeper sofa in that room and they can use it if they don't want to climb the stairs to the real guestroom. I have several blue bonnet pictures and accessories so I am thinking of decorating that room with them and calling it our "blue room". But first we need to get rid of some of the junk in there. We have gotten into the bad habit of putting stuff in there until we can decide what to do with it. Maybe I need to go read the fly lay.com for some ideas on decluttering that room.

Anyway, after 16 years of hating that SW couch, it is gone! I am so thrilled! The old dirty pink recliners that survived about 11 moves , are now beautiful and clean! And after 5 1/2 years in this house I am finally fixing up the living room and making an office! Hey, I am slow but eventually I get it done. Probably what this all means is my hubby will come home and tell me he has been transferred. Usually that is what happens about the time I get my house the way I like it! (TMK and Jenny-- no we are not moving, does not look like they will transfer big K for at least 10 years, I am just being pessimistic!)

Tomorrow I go back to CI for remapping. I am a little more hopeful this week that my brain is starting to get this stuff. I actually understood that someone was reading scripture on a CD that I was listening to (could not really understand what he was saying but could tell he was reading scripture) and then today, I kept hearing a funny sound and I finally figured out it was the telephone ringing. So I am making little baby steps.

I think I am about to get over this flu and cough I have had forever, got some good news regarding a problem my family was experiencing (relief in sight maybe!) and just generally seem to be feeling more positive about the CI. Thanks for all your prayers, I know they worked and helped me get through a rough time!

4 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Ha Ha I have been so busy this week I lost a whole day. I will go to the audiologist on friday not tomorrow. And the site was www.flylady.com I am sure there were more mistakes but that is all I noticed.

jettybetty said...

Lots of good news!
Your furniture sounds great!
Baby steps are good--several of those put together--and who knows what you will understand? Especially, if you get a few new adjustments that may help, too.
So glad that nasty flu stuff is about gone!

Jenny said...

Hey MAK - We're praying the remapping helps out with the CI. I can't imagine how frustrating your life has been the last few weeks. Hang in there!

Brett

TMK said...

Good for you! Hey, I am excited about working with you and Kyle during Elevate. I love signing and think that the chorus would be a great place to work together. If you have any suggestions as to easy songs, etc. let me know. I am up for ANY and ALL suggestions you have.