Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ahhhhhhh, a little relief!

Things are going better today after a perfectly horrible couple of days. No unfortunately, Mick is still in residence but the stent going from my kidney to my bladder is not. It was just getting progressively more painful with every passing day, so I went to my doctor today and he agreed to remove the stent. It is possible that I could end up in major pain like I had at the beginning but it is not likely. I am looking forward to being able to sleep through the night without having to pee every half hour. I am not walking bow legged anymore. It was one of those things where the cure was as bad or worse than the disease. Dr. says that sometimes removing the stent will jar kidney stone and make you pass it. Here's hoping and praying for that scenerio! Otherwise we are scheduled to blast that Mick to kingdom come on Monday the 29th. Other good news for today, I had my pre-op bloodwork done and the guy got it on the first try (instead of 6th like the last guy) Bless his heart, I almost kissed him! Things are not perfect, I still have a big kidney stone, still have a lot of pain and am still tired but I am so grateful and thankful to be rid of that stent. Thank you Lord for relieving some of my pain! I know I am incredibly blessed and am sorry that sometimes I let the pain and circumstances of life blind me to the fact that I am so extremely blessed.

No comments: