Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Way to go Granny and Papa

I just got an e-mail from my Mom (yes, she has figured out how to use her computer and the internet!) She said that she got a call from the church secretary early this morning that there were some hurricane refugees being sheltered at the Bible Chair at Lamar University (in Beaumont,TX) and that they needed some help. So my parents rounded up some donations from fellow Christians and my Dad smoked up some sausage for their dinner. They took bedding and other supplies down to the Bible Chair as well as the food for dinner. Mom was saying how good it felt to actually be able to do something for these poor folks instead of just sitting around watching the news saying "I wish there was something I could do!" I just thought I would share this with my blog friends. I am very proud of my parents. I thank the Lord that he gave me such good parents, who continue to be good examples for me and my family.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, the storm affected all the way to Texas?! I'm oblivious, can only catch snippets on the news before kiddos change the channel.
It must feel really good for your folks to help, I wish I could too

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Actually, New Orleans is about a 4 hour drive from Beaumont and these are people who fled from N.O. and ended up in Beaumont. Apparently all the hotels as far as Houston (90 miles W of Beaumont) are booked solid. We are even getting some people as far as San Antonio. I have been around hurricanes all my life but have never seen anything like this. I think New Orleans may never be the same or perhaps may never even be rebuilt. So Sad!

TMK said...

That was sweet of your parents.

Hey, how was Monday? Did you still go to the dr?

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

TMK,

No I don't go back to that doctor until next week. K and I are both down with coughs and colds this week though, if it's not one thing its another. Poor K missed 2 days of school but I think she will go back to school tomorrow. So we won't see u tonight at church. Any big plans for the holiday weekend?

TMK said...

Hope you guys feel better. I noticed she wasn't at church last night.

We don't have any plans for the long weekend. Just hanging out I guess...taking it easy!

jettybetty said...

I don't know if you get email notifications for your comments--but if you do I am burying this one--I didn't know if you had my email or not:
betty.martin@charter.net

You probably won't need it--but just in case!