Saturday, August 06, 2005

Warning: Blogging Causes Kidney Stones!

Or at least is seems that way! Weds. morning I woke up with the most horrible pain in my right side and I am thinking too high for appendicitis, too low for gallbladder, what is this? After 4 hours in the ER, ultrasound and CT, we have found the problem: a lovely kidney stone! They send me home with lots of pain medicine and an appt with an urologist on Thurs. Thurs I see the doctor, he thinks I can pass the stone in a few weeks(?????) without surgery by just using pain meds.(So what am I supposed to do put my 7 yr old on hold for a few weeks?) I am wary but go on home. Thursday night, vomit all night long, I can't keep the pain meds down, I can't sleep, poor hubby can't sleep. Miserable night. Friday, surgery to place a stint in to alleviate the vomiting and hopefully doctor can pull out that sucker. Nothing medical is ever easy with me...they tried 6 times to place the IV, poked and dug around so much, both arms are sore. Finally got it on the last try ( that was stupid to write, of course they got it on the last try, what was I going to do say, "stick me once more just for fun!") Doc was able to pull out some of the stone, and showed it to my husband. Told him that he had learned from experience not to keep pulling if stone did not want to come out. So, what I am wondering is if he can't pull it out, how am I supposed to get it out? Anyway, they sent me on home last night. It was a much better night, I still woke up every couple of hours but I wasn't vomiting anymore and the pain was not as bad. I feel as though I have been hit by a truck (or at least what I imagine that must feel like, not ever actually enjoyed that experience). Sandy, I can definitely relate to your little boy, because it hurts to pee! I can at least understand it a little I know he is so confused. I am still on drugs so I apologize if this post is incoherent or misspelled. I know I have some rough days ahead but I have been blessed with the best family and friends. My friend Carrie, kept my little girl during the day on both Weds. and Thurs and then my friend Joy, called and asked my daughter over for a play date on Friday (at the exact time I found out I needed the day surgery) How is that for God supplying exactly what you need, when you need it! It was amazing because Joy did not even know that I was having the kidney stone problem! I can't even write this without crying because of my fantastic husband. He has been right beside me every second since I called him at work Weds. morning and told him how bad I was hurting. He is my best friend and protector. I thought he was going to slug that nurse last night because he could not get the IV going and was hurting me so badly, hubby does not get mad easily or quickly but he was not happy with that nurse. I apologize for the long post but please keep me in your prayers for a quick recovery, school starts next week so we need to get back to normal around here.

3 comments:

Natalie Brooke said...

you poor thing. i'll definitely lift this up to God for you.

I have to tell you...I really got a kick out of this particular line:
"of course they got it on the last try, what was I going to do say, "stick me once more just for fun!")" haha!

well girl, sounds like you really have been blessed with a great husband...i'm sorry you have to go through this, but it seems the blessing through all of this is the help, protection and love from your husband...hope it all gets better soon...much love...in Him.

TMK said...

M- I am so sorry to hear that! K told me Wednesday night that you were in the hospital and she thought it was your gall bladder. Kidney stones are so painful! Hopefully you will feel better soon. If K would like to hang out with us, I am off work Wednesday through Friday this week. She is welcome at our house!

Sandy said...

oH YOU POOR THING! At least through this you have found that you married a fantastic guy and that you have wonderful friends! Hope your pain is not so bad by now...